20:54
0

Fox 10 Phoenix

ATLANTA (WAGA) - FOX Medical Team journalist Beth Galvin has taken a step away from the camera to offer an incredible gift to someone she has never met. Beth elected to undergo kidney surgery and donate through the Paired Kidney Donor program.

She completed a successful donation at Emory University Hospital and returned home two days later.

"I will be the beginning of a kidney transplant chain that will stretch across the country. I do not know who will receive my kidney, except that it is someone in LA who needs it" Galvin told her Facebook friends.

"Post transplant and I feel great" Beth indicated Wednesday morning. "Much better than I thought I would. Someone stuck (a) note under my hospital room door last night. It one of many kind gestures I've received from strangers. I feel overwhelmed and grateful. I was the beginning of a kidney transplant chain that will crisscross the US, helping 5 to 6 patients. I felt led to do this, knowing about 100,000 people are waiting for kidney. But I never expected the support and love and kindness I've experienced in the last few days. Thank you!" Continue reading

FOX 10 News | fox10phoenix.com

 



from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/1KEcmo0

0 comments:

Post a Comment