21:16
0
THE ATLANTIC | Shearwater Films



Day after day, Tim McCabe sits on dialysis standing by for a kidney transplant. It’s incredibly discouraging for McCabe, whose health is deteriorating and who is a self-described pessimist. Every time the phone rings, he’s met with disappointment when it’s not the call saying that an organ is available. “If it wasn’t for my wife and my kids, I probably wouldn’t be here, I probably would have gave up,” he says in this documentary, Waiting List, which follows McCabe and his wife through the entire process of waiting and receiving a transplant. “I want to lead a normal father life, and I’m afraid that I’m not going to and that scares me a lot.”

Waiting List was filmed by the production company ShearWater Films; to see more of their work, visit http://ift.tt/2eBLYjS.

_______________________________________________________________________
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Please register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
Donate LIFE California | Done VIDA California
Nationwide:
Organ Donor | Donate Life America

...to ensure donation happens, please share your donation decision with your family. At stake is the legacy you plan to leave.


from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/2eD8ieb

0 comments:

Post a Comment