23:01
0

It was badly managed and the trustees stepped in too late. I felt let down when they had to let me go

Making the jump from a large charity to a small one was daunting. I had worked for large organisations for five years and needed a change. I wanted to make a difference on a local level and have more contact with the people the charity helped. I knew my job might not be as secure, but that was a risk I was willing to take. However, I was shocked at how bad the management and governance was.

I was headhunted by the charity to be the fundraising and marketing manager. I was approached because my skills and experience in the sector was “what the charity needed” to drive growth, which I was told had stagnated due to a lack of experience among existing staff. I was repeatedly reassured by the trustees that the funding was available for my position.

Continue reading...

from Voluntary Sector Network | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1OtZqQw

0 comments:

Post a Comment