00:04
0

Inequality is harmful at all levels of life so I’m glad leadership ideas are shifting away from traditional ideas. But there is still a long way to go

I grew up with a sense of working class injustice. But I never imagined, when I was a student at Hull University, drinking into the night and conspiring social change, that one day I would be a chief executive of a leading mental health charity.

I can see, from other people’s eyes – often just a flicker, but sometimes palpable surprise – that they, too, find it disquieting. I know I’m not the only working class chief executive, but being repeatedly told I’m so “real” gets old fast. I have to resist the urge to shout back: “I don’t even know what that means!”

Continue reading...

from Voluntary Sector Network | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2iXKN1Y

0 comments:

Post a Comment