00:13
0

Volunteering overseas changed my life, but the cost of flying to the other side of the world can put young people off

For years I had thought about volunteering abroad, but it can be expensive flying to the other side of the world, and even though several charities provide accommodation, the cost of travel puts many young people off.

I was grappling with this when I went to a fundraising day held by the International Citizen Service. They told me about the Jack Petchey Foundation, which supports young people from London and Essex and which has grants for volunteers that support up to half the costs of someone travelling abroad to volunteer, to a maximum of £400.

Continue reading...

from Voluntary Sector Network | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2INxwb7

0 comments:

Post a Comment