04:04
0
"I used to believe that I was a very accepting person. But a few weeks ago, something happened at my workplace that made me recognize my own brokenness -- it helped me see the disconnect between my values, and how I respond in certain moments. I work at the front desk of a hotel. On multiple occasions over the past couple of weeks, a sex-worker reserved a room on our property. Sitting at the front desk I'd see her interacting with people in the corridor, I'd see her check-in and check-out. And I would have this incredibly palpable feeling of disgust come up whenever she walked by...But there was another side of me which was like, "Wait a minute! At the end of the day, she's a human being with a soul and inside of her is the beauty that Mother Earth puts in each and every one of us. So why am I judging her?" What follows is a simple yet profound story of healing.

from DailyGood.org https://ift.tt/2HLb3tL

0 comments:

Post a Comment