11:30
0

KTVU

A Marin family has an extraordinary reason to be thankful this season, celebrating the survival of a young man who thought he had a cold but ended up needing a lung transplant.

"I remember going in to get an x-ray and that's the last thing I remember," Michael Mason of Novato told KTVU.

That was the day in June the 20-year-old college student returned home from University of Oregon after finishing his finals, struggling with a cough.

"When I drove him to the doctor, I thought they're going to put him on antibiotics. I'll bring him home and in a week he'll be fine," recalled his mother, Karen Mason.

But Mike didn't leave the hospital or breathe on his own all summer. He went on life support within hours.

"It was scary but at the same time you're so in shock, you can't believe this is what's really happening," said Karen. Continue reading

 



from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/1LFurQd

0 comments:

Post a Comment