05:12
0
A new homecoming scheme aims to boost recovery rates and fight loneliness

Joan Jackson, 84, was admitted to Southampton general hospital earlier this month with acute stomach pains. She was diagnosed with gallstones and a liver problem. Three days later she had an operation to remove the blockage.

Jackson, who has no family, says she does not know what she would have done without Gary Collett, a volunteer who has been helping her for two and a half years. “He’s the best thing that ever happened to me. If it weren’t for him, all I’d have to wear is one nightie. He brought me extra nighties, did my washing, fetched me things to read. Not many people would do that.”

Continue reading...

from Voluntary Sector Network | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2vLjQ8Q

0 comments:

Post a Comment