09:05
0

The moment was so clear and obvious that I could virtually hear a click.

The moment I became a fundraising writer.

I was already a writer. I could spit out graceful, readable prose. Sometimes even interesting or insightful.

But that didn't do the trick for fundraising.

As a fundraiser, I was a serial failure.

Fortunately, I got lucky. I got a mentor who knew his stuff. And who didn't spare my feelings. He used a needle-sharp pencil to mark my fundraising writings with cross-outs rewrites. I can still remember exactly how those pencil-scratches sounded, and the electric sharpener he used to keep the Pencil dangerous.

I struggled to grasp the pattern in the Pencil marks, to anticipate them and get it right in the first place. I kept almost getting it.

Until that moment.

I can't remember the topic, but I remember the feeling. I'd been trying to elegantly explain why the donor's gift was needed. I kept polishing one key sentence, trying to make it shiny and perfect. But I could tell the Pencil was going to slash it right out.

Then: click.

I realized explaining is exactly the wrong thing to do in fundraising. Donors don't need to understand the issue. Most of them already understand. What they need is to feel it -- to sense their connection with the cause, and know in their hearts that their donation matters.

I'd cracked the code.

And from that day on, I was a fundraiser.

One insight doesn't move you from square one to finish line. But it was the definitive first step for me.

It took me years to put it all together. And I'm still learning what it means to reach out through the postal service and connect donors with something they care about in a way that matters to them.

Now it's your turn. Your turn to hear that click and start raising a lot more money through the mail.

You can take my online Moceanic masterclass, 7 Steps to Creating Record-Smashing Direct Mail.

It's designed to move you much more quickly than I did into practical donor-connecting direct mail that raises the money your organization needs.

We'll look at a whole bunch of super-practical, totally-tactical ways to do direct mail better.

We'll talk very specifically about:

  • Outer envelopes that get opened.
  • Letters that touch donor's hearts and make them eager to donate.
  • Reply devices that rake in the revenue.
  • Lift notes that more than pay for themselves.
  • Other amazing things you can include to improve results (and at least one thing you should never include in your direct mail).
  • You'll even learn a trick or two for more effective return envelopes.

Just in time for the coming year-end ... that critical few weeks that can make or break your budget.

But that's only part of what you'll get:

You'll look at the things you should do before you start work on any direct mail pack. Do these things and you'll not only do far better work ... you'll do it in a lot less time. And you'll be much less tempted to strangle your co-workers in the process.

And you'll discover the critical things you absolutely must do after the donor gives. The stuff that most fundraisers aren't doing -- at enormous cost to their organizations.

Register here for 7 Steps to Creating Record-Smashing Direct Mail!

And do it now, because for now, you save $100 on the course. The normal price is $397. But if you register now, it's just $297.

... which is a ridiculously small amount to pay, given how much more you'll be able to raise with the practical stuff you walk away with.

  • 4 info-packed and inspiring 90-minutes online sessions.
  • You can take them at your own pace and on your own schedule.
  • Tons of practical bonus materials that would by themselves cost hundreds of dollar if you could even buy them.
  • Access to the amazing Moceanic Fundraisingology Lab on Facebook -- the smartest and coolest fundraising professionals around the world, working together to make their fundraising great.
  • And it's guaranteed. If you don't think it's worth what you paid, you can have your money back.

No Pencil. Just proven, practical steps for producing direct mail that works. Really works.

I know you're busy.

I know you weren't born yesterday and you're properly skeptical about what one online course can do for you.

But this is the one you should take. It will send you in a new and exciting direction.

More confident.

And raising more money for your cause.

Register here for 7 Steps to Creating Record-Smashing Direct Mail!

Click!



from Future Fundraising Now https://ift.tt/2ohlwmh

0 comments:

Post a Comment