09:10
0

Modern Grantmaking is a practical guide for all professional grantmakers, whether they work for a private foundation, a government funder, or a corporate donor.

Authors Gemma Bull and Tom Steinberg share advice on real-world grantmaking questions, based on long-standing knowledge, but also updated to cover current challenges and issues.

Key questions for funders that it covers include:

  • How do I know if I’m getting the basics right?
  • How do I formulate a funding strategy?
  • How should I use research?
  • How can I improve the experience of grantseekers and grantees?
  • How to manage both upwards and downwards?
  • How should I deal with power and privilege?

Gemma Bull was England Director and Funding Strategy Director for the UK’s largest community funder, The National Lottery Community Fund.

Tom Steinberg founded civic tech pioneers mySociety and developed data and technology policy for the UK government. An Ashoka Fellow, he is also the co-founder of an open access education project run out of the Harvard Kennedy School.

“What an absolute triumph of a book! I blew through it cover to cover, and enjoyed every moment. Reading it has given me the bandwidth I needed to unlock a way forward on a few things I have been grappling with at my foundation.”

Sufina Ahmad MBE, Director, John Ellerman Foundation



from UK Fundraising https://ift.tt/3vi7cu9

0 comments:

Post a Comment