21:53
0

HipHopDx | Cherise Johnson

At a recent concert in Washington, D.C., Common helped a disabled fan celebrate the anniversary of her organ transplant.

Writer and activist Ola Ojewumi writes in VIBE that she attended Common's concert in order to celebrate what she calls her "second birthday," the day she received her transplant.

"During the show, Common saw me sitting in my wheelchair," Ola writes. "He hopped off of the stage to take a selfie with me and then asked me my name. Then, he used my name and did a freestyle for me."

"Ola, girl so beautiful," Common rapped. "I came to face it / She looking so fly and she rockin’ them braces / I’m telling you girl, Ola you gone be the Black man’s wife / Because you are the light."

The act performed by the Golden Globe Award-winning actor was unexpected and Ola expressed her gratitude. "Common’s random act of kindness shows that he’s more than a rapper but an amazing human being," she wrote. Continue reading

 



from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/1JN5pOM

0 comments:

Post a Comment