01:10
0

As a serial founder, I know running a charity is harder than business. Here’s my advice, from avoiding fraud to managing finance and hiring on a budget

Whisper it quietly: running a charity is harder than running a for-profit business. Hiring top talent on modest salaries is harder; lack of money makes it harder to move people out with a golden parachute; mergers stumble over egos when the money motive is absent. As a co-founder of eight charities, I have made more mistakes than I care to remember.

Here are the seven key lessons I have learned about building a charity. They may seem obvious, but as George Orwell noted: “to see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle”.

Continue reading...

from Voluntary Sector Network | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2regTga

0 comments:

Post a Comment