07:43
0

Register now for this powerful 4-part webinar. It starts on November 6 -- and you can take the course on your own time, at your own pace.

When I landed my first fundraising job at a small nonprofit 30 years ago I thought I was the bee's knees.

I was regarded as a gifted writer in college and after college went into teaching English.

I taught the rules of grammar and composition to thousands of students. I struggled and sweated to make them understand and value good academic writing.

Then I became a fundraiser.

I couldn't wait to apply my writing skills to raising money for causes that were desperate for funds.

But I got a shock.

The writing style that I had developed through college and into teaching didn't work.

I found the "better" I wrote the worse the results got.

My lowest point came when I had written a letter that I was convinced was brilliant. I told myself I had finally got it right and that donations were going to flood in.

They didn't.

At that point, I felt like walking away from fundraising and going back to teaching.

Then something happened that saved my fundraising career and truly changed the course of my life.

Someone came to my rescue.

An experienced fundraiser and writer who took time to mentor me. He told me this:

Like a lot of writers, you are obsessed with making your writing beautiful. You need to ease back on that. Beautiful copy doesn't move the needle. Instead, get obsessed with response numbers. A writer who's focused on the numbers will always do better than an artsy-fartsy writer who focuses on beauty.

It wasn't an easy change, but I shifted my approach. And my work got better and better. My career took off.

But if it wasn't for that mentor I would have failed.

Starting Monday November 6th, I am going to start sharing my experience and knowledge in a series of Masterclasses where I will reveal everything that I have learned about writing to raise money.

More information and registration is here for this 4-part masterclass that can take you where this same knowledge took me.

More than this, I am going to incorporate learnings from the team at Moceanic, and their body of knowledge from every fundraising nation on Earth.

I am going to demolish all the preconceptions that hold fundraising back.

You see, the science often tells us the complete opposite of what seems common sense. I want to ensure that you don't fall prey to the misinformation out there – there's a lot of it.

I still see organizations make the same mistakes that were being made 30 years ago when I started out.

Mistakes that are costing them thousands of dollars – and stopping the flow of funds to people, environment and other causes desperately in need of help.

I intend to expose this misinformation over the four classes – so you are no longer caught up in the myths that destroy good fundraising.

And I am going to give you the means to argue your case – with facts to back it up – when you need to justify what you are doing to people (directors, board members and people in your team).

What I am going to show you in this Masterclass is the result of decades of experience, discipline, and head-to-head testing.

It works.

Register now for this powerful 4-part course. It starts on November 6. And if you register by November 3, you can get $100 off by using the checkout code FFN100.

Furthermore, if you aren't completely satisfied with what you learn, we'll give you your money back!

You have nothing to lose.

But a whole new career full of energy and success to gain.

Register now.



from Future Fundraising Now http://ift.tt/2yL85RY

0 comments:

Post a Comment