21:28
0

LOYOLA MEDICINE

MAYWOOD, IL – Ted Sulkowski thought it was just a routine physical exam required for his insurance provider when he was hit with a diagnosis out of the blue.

“I was absolutely shocked to learn I had fatty liver disease in 1991 and that started a health journey I never thought I or my family would endure,” said the Chicago area business executive.

“Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis, or NASH, is something of an epidemic in America and is called the silent liver disease because there often are no symptoms,” said Jamie Berkes, MD, hepatologist at Loyola Medicine. “Patients are able to live with the disease for a long time.”

In 2014, life took a dramatic turn for Mr. Sulkowski. “[Dr. Berkes] told me that I would need a liver transplant and my wife and I were in disbelief. I felt fine and had been living with this for more than 23 years,” remembered Mr. Sulkowski. “But he nailed it because everything that he told us would happen, happened.” Continue reading 
_________________________________________________________
You have the power to SAVE Lives
Please register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
Donate LIFE California | Done VIDA California
Nationwide:
Organ Donor | Donate Life America
...to ensure donation happens, please share your donation decision with your family. At stake is the legacy you plan to leave.


from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/1r4u3Is

0 comments:

Post a Comment