00:03
0

As his home only had a shower his mother applied for a grant to part-fund a bathroom; there was no way I could refuse

As a grant officer at a charity supporting people working in education, every day I hear stories of individuals facing tough times and difficult conditions. But when I was contacted by primary school teacher, Gail, in February I knew that I had to act – not just because of my job but as a fellow parent.

In May last year Ollie, Gail’s three-year-old son, had started to limp and by September he could barely walk. His parents had been taking Ollie for tests for months and eventually in October 2015 he was diagnosed with tumours in his leg and lesions in his skull caused by a rare form of cancer, Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH).

Continue reading...

from Voluntary Sector Network | The Guardian http://ift.tt/29eE5Uc

0 comments:

Post a Comment