21:11
0
ABC EYEWITNESS NEWS | Mayde Gomez


LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles resident Junior Fogg, who had been on an active kidney transplant waiting list for over five years, was furious to find that his apartment infested with bed bugs and other insects prevented him from receiving a new kidney.

Doctors told Fogg he will be placed back on the active waiting list as soon as he lives in a habitable and vermin-free apartment.

"I was at the tip top of the list, the tip top... If I had a place to go and it was germ-free enough for me to stay there, I would have no problem. I would not be going through this," Fogg said.

He was told bed bugs and cockroaches could cause him to suffer an infection while recovering from the transplant.

Now Fogg and his partner Monica Howland have filed a lawsuit against the building owners in an attempt to force them to clean up and treat the entire apartment building located on the 1900 block of Robertson Boulevard.

"I'm scared that I won't get that transplant," Fogg said.

The 54-year-old explained that for years he and other tenants have informed management and the building owners of the problems but they have not done enough. Continue reading 







from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/2kJ0Dko

0 comments:

Post a Comment