15:27
0
KULR 8 | Billings, MT | Evelyn Schultz


GREAT FALLS, Mont. - At any given time, more than 119,000 people nationwide are waiting for an organ transplant that could save their life, according to LifeCenter Northwest.

200 of those people are Montanans.

They're folks similar to Richard Hanson, who says he will always remember February as a very special month.

He and his wife Doris consider February 7th a birthday of sorts. It’s the date, exactly four years and one week ago, when he received a kidney transplant and a new chance at life.

After heart and kidney problems, he had been on dialysis for six years and had almost received a transplant twice before. But both of those times didn’t work out, leaving him feeling "blue." When he finally received a new kidney, he says his whole outlook changed.

“Somebody was looking after me, because when I did actually get the call, I don’t think I could have made it much longer on dialysis," said Hanson. "The donation definitely did save my life. It’s enabled me to be able to enjoy my life with my family, and be able to visit and go see the grand kids.” Continue reading




from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/2kHPwVf

0 comments:

Post a Comment