00:03
0

I know how important it is to have small, highly-focused charities that are close by when someone needs to talk

As survivor of child abuse and rape, I’ve always been passionate about doing work that makes a real difference to people’s lives. As a charity communicator, some of my proudest achievements have been for small charities.

That’s the reason I recently volunteered to support the National Association of People Abused in Childhood (Napac), by becoming one of their trustee. The other reason is that, a few years ago, when I finally came face-to-face with my own childhood experiences, if I hadn’t been able to talk to someone on Napac’s support line, I don’t know who else I could have turned to.

Continue reading...

from Voluntary Sector Network | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2ssIIRu

0 comments:

Post a Comment