23:12
0

Martha Huntley was named the Institute of Fundraising’s best fundraising newcomer last year after raising £1.63m for anti-poverty charity Hand in Hand International. She reveals why she’s so good at her job

I always knew that I wanted to work in international development. When I was about seven or eight my parents took me out of school for 15 weeks and we travelled around South America. I met people who had very little but were resourceful and generous. I enjoyed the trip – travelling down the Amazon rather than doing my times tables – and I think my ambition stemmed from that time.

But why fundraising? I knew I wanted to work in the third sector and a friend of the family who was a professor at Cass Business School suggested fundraising. That surprised me because I thought fundraising was more of a sales role, which wasn’t very me at all.

Continue reading...

from Voluntary Sector Network | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2tkBmAK

0 comments:

Post a Comment