07:20
0

Maybe the smartest move I made in my fundraising career was joining the then-new Domain Group.

At the time, I thought it was just slightly better pay and a shorter commute. (My commute included a half-hour boat ride across Puget Sound, which is pretty cool, but really eats up your day; the Domain Group was downtown, about a 15 minute walk from where I lived.)

What I was joining when I joined the Domain Group was a bunch of total fundraising nerds who obsessively treated our work as science.

Our unofficial motto: Facts are friendly. (Our official motto was "Changing fundraising. Changing the world," which is pretty cool.)

We were all about basing our decision and our work on facts. And we tested constantly. I went from being a decent writer who knew a few things about fundraising best practices to having an almost encyclopedic knowledge of specific things that were proven to work.

And -- as I'm sure you know -- what works in fundraising is often not what your common sense or instinct tells you.

The more we tested, the more money our clients made. It got to the point where most of our clients experienced a sudden and dramatic turnaround in fundraising results when they started working with us.

The point of my telling you this?

  1. To encourage those who are new to the profession. It's weird. It takes a while to understand, especially direct mail -- which is kind of a planet of its own.
  2. Because I'm ready to help you learn what I learned, but a lot faster at a free Moceanic online workshop calledThe Secret Blueprint for Direct Mail that Makes Donors LOVE to Give I'm presenting next week.

Yes, I said free.

We're offering it twice, on January 30 or 31 (depending where in the world you are).

Option 1

  • New York: 3:30pm Tuesday, January 30
  • Los Angeles: 12:30 Tuesday, January 30
  • London: 8:30pm Tuesday, January 30
  • Sydney: 7:30am Wednesday, January 31
  • Auckland: 9:30am Wednesday, January 31

Option 2

  • New York: 6pm Tuesday, January 30
  • Los Angeles: 3pm Tuesday, January 30
  • Sydney: 10am Wednesday, January 31
  • Auckland: 12 noon Wednesday, January 31

And if these times don't work for you, don't worry -- sign up anyway and you'll have access to the recorded workshop.

Interested? Sign up here for The Secret Blueprint for Direct Mail that Makes Donors LOVE to Give! I hope to see you there.



from Future Fundraising Now http://ift.tt/2mXSacI

0 comments:

Post a Comment