07:09
0

Today is Presidents Day here in the USA, so I'm not really blogging. But I have something on my chest...

This holiday bugs me, because in 1971 they took the February birthdays of two of our greatest presidents squished them into a single commemoration. Then, to really mess it all up, they made it in honor of all the US presidents.

I'm sorry, but they don't all deserve the same level of honor as Washington and Lincoln. We've had quite a few mediocre presidents. And a few really awful presidents. (And at least one who redefines bad leadership and creates a whole new type of presidential terribleness.)

But to return to the holiday, what do you think of when you think of Washington and Lincoln?

  • The boy George Washington chopping down a cherry tree with his new hatchet and then admitting it so his dad, saying "I cannot tell a lie."
  • Abraham Lincoln, born in a rustic log cabin in Kentucky.

Stories.

We know them. Remember them. Shape our knowledge of the world with them.

And raise money with them.

That's why I hope you'll take my new Moceanic online course, Your Blueprint for Donor-Focused, High-Revenue Fundraising Storytelling.

Check it out. And, if you have the day off, raise a glass to our great presidents and enjoy yourself.



from Future Fundraising Now http://ift.tt/2EDV3KB

0 comments:

Post a Comment