00:53
0

My confidence was shattered, but now I know I have the courage to walk away from a bully

Six years ago, I was a confident, outgoing person who couldn’t wait to start a new job in the charity sector, but one bullying chief executive changed that. Now, I feel humiliated and despite hours of counselling and numerous antidepressant prescriptions, I am still haunted by what happened.

I joined the charity as a fundraising manager – focusing on trusts and grants. In my first week I watched four of my colleagues disappear into the chief executive’s back office. One by one, my new colleagues were dismissed immediately with what seemed like no warning – another member of staff was even sent to get their coats and bags.

Continue reading...

from Voluntary Sector Network | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1ThZf21

0 comments:

Post a Comment