19:49
0
WOMEN'S DAILY | Ellie McDonald

“If she had to die, I'm so glad it was in my arms. She lived a beautiful and incredible 14 hours and 58 minutes.”

Pregnant with their third child, Abbey and Robert Ahern were dealt the shocking blow that their unborn daughter, who they later named Annie, was “incompatible with life” – three words no parent ever wants to hear.

Baby Annie was diagnosed with a fatal neural tube defect called anencephaly, a condition that meant her brain and upper part of her skull would never properly develop.

According to Better Health Victoria, babies with anencephaly will either be stillborn or they die soon after birth.


“The words ’incompatible with life’ just sucked the air right out of my lungs. I knew what he was saying, but I couldn't really apply it to us or to our baby,” Annie wrote in a long-form piece for Good Housekeeping. Continue reading







from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/2jSAsTJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment