00:00
0

As a volunteer on a Lowland Rescue team, I help find vulnerable people who have gone missing

It was a cold night in early January. The family of the man whose body I had recovered from a river stood in front of me, crying and clinging to one other. Their relative had disappeared one winter’s night.

As volunteers for Lowland Rescue, my team and I had spent almost 800 hours searching for him on foot, in rafts and by boat, in waterways, farms and woodland. We had taken days off work and spent evenings and weekends planning and trampling the countryside, supporting our local police service. Eventually we found him, 14 miles downstream from where he was last seen alive. He had become caught on a tree and fallen in the river.

Continue reading...

from Voluntary Sector Network | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2gaUZBV

0 comments:

Post a Comment