21:23
0
WHTM | ABC 27 | Mark Hull


LANCASTER, Pa. (WHTM) – Tony Forte was diagnosed at six days old with a rare disease that effects the digestive system.

He has never lived a normal life, but things are looking up after receiving a multi-organ transplant back in late August.

Forte says he is grateful for a chance at a normal life.

“I am thankful for a new life,” said Forte. “I am grateful for the new things that I can do, and I am thankful for the new organs that I have got.”

Tony received the organs after a 12-year-old boy died the day before he flew down to Miami for the transplant surgery. Tony says he does not know much about the boy.

“I know he was about my age,” said Forte. “I know we had the same blood type.”

Tony says that he will never drink or smoke when he gets older because he made a promise to take care of his new organs in honor of the boy who passed away.

Tony says this Thanksgiving will be much different compared to years past. Continue reading
___________________________________________________________________
You have the power to SAVE Lives
We are asking you to register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
Donate LIFE California | Done VIDA California

Nationwide:
Organ Donor | Donate Life America
To ensure donation happens, please share your decision with your family. At stake is the legacy you wish to leave



from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/2gikYGR

0 comments:

Post a Comment