11:39
0
EVENING STANDARD | Ross Lydall

Kidney transplany: Tristan and Amy together post op
A Metropolitan police officer today told how he gave the gift of life to his sister just in time for Christmas.

Tristan Hunter, 32, donated a kidney to sibling Amy Hennessey, 38 - with the organ swap taking place four months before he is due to become a father for the first time.

He agreed to become a “live donor” after seeing how his primary teacher sister was growing increasingly unwell, with her kidneys down to 6-8 per cent effectiveness.

Her kidneys were damaged in childhood and she was on the verge of requiring dialysis.

Mr Hunter, a CID officer, told the Standard: “I had a bit of time to think about it, but once I made my mind up I was sure.

"It was after I tested positive [as a matching donor] and no-one else was coming forward for Amy. It wasn’t like a really easy decision to make but I’m really glad I have done it now.” Continue reading




from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/2hXwutg

0 comments:

Post a Comment