20:17
0
CLARION LEDGER | Ellen Cuirczak

From left are Adrian Murry, Clintoria Johnson and Michael Minor. Murry's son Kendrick, 25, who died after suffering a seizure, donated a kidney to Minor and his heart to Johnson.(Photo: Special to Hattiesburg American)
One might say Michael Minor’s life changed on Aug. 31, 2015.

Minor, a pastor at West Point Baptist Church in Hattiesburg, had been waiting for a kidney transplant for an agonizing three years. He was on dialysis three times a week and was sometimes so weak he needed help brushing his teeth.

On that day, he was at the Department of Public Safety in Hattiesburg, renewing his driver’s license.

“The lady asked me if I wanted to be an organ donor and my answer, like all the other times, was no,” Minor, 45, remembered. “And it was like the room stopped.

“God was saying, ‘You dummy. Why don’t you give what you need?’ On Aug. 31, 2015, I said yes to organ donation, and on Sept. 14, 2015, I received my organ. I don’t treat that as chance. I choose to believe the two things are connected.”

Minor’s three-year wait for a kidney started with his battle with diabetes, which was diagnosed in 1996, when he was 24. Refusing to follow doctor’s orders, he continued imbibing sugary drinks and eating off-limit foods, eventually leading to kidney failure.Continue reading




from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/2hYftB8

0 comments:

Post a Comment