19:17
0
SACKVILLE TRIBUNE POST

New Brunswickers are encouraged to pledge the gift of life and register as an organ and tissue donor this holiday season.

Becoming an organ, tissue and ocular transplant donor is an important commitment. One organ donor can save the life of eight recipients; one tissue donor can enrich the lives of 75 recipients; and an ocular donor can restore sight for two people.

“Registering as an organ donor is one of the best ways to celebrate the season of giving because there truly is no better gift than the gift of life,” said Health Minister Victor Boudreau. “As I gather with the people I treasure in my life this holiday season, I know that someone may be given that same opportunity in the future because I have signalled my intent to become an organ donor. I hope other New Brunswickers will also consider pledging the gift of life to those who so desperately need it.”

In Canada, about 4,500 people are waiting for an organ transplant. In New Brunswick, there are about 126 people on the wait-list for an organ (kidney, liver or heart) and another 125 are waiting for corneal transplants. Continue reading




from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/2hSsrNW

0 comments:

Post a Comment