18:29
0
UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER MEDICAL CENTER


Barbara Fudge has spent her life helping others and asking nothing in return. For nearly 20 years she has served as a volunteer firefighter and emergency medical technician in her small Chemung County community. She is a longtime American Red Cross disaster response volunteer, who rushed to New York City on Sept. 11, 2001 when the Twin Towers fell.

But earlier this year the tables were turned and Fudge had to rely on others to survive. She was in desperate need of the ultimate gift – a new heart.

“When I was waiting, it occurred to me that as a first responder, I was helping save others and now I’m waiting for somebody to help save me,” said Fudge, 68, who lives north of Elmira.

On Dec. 11, her prayers were answered at UR Medicine’s Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester. Continue reading




from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/2hXX05E

0 comments:

Post a Comment