20:59
0
MORINVILLE NEWS | Jennifer Lavallee


Cooper Pirtle wants you to consider signing up to be an organ donor

The 14-year-old teen from Sturgeon County has been working half his life, raising awareness about the importance of organ donation. So when he recently joined a leadership competition with a travel company called EF Tours (in hopes of earning a trip to Vimy Ridge, France), he, of course, chose to do his community ambassador project on organ donation.

“I’ve been putting posters up around different communities and have made a presentation in my school,” said Cooper, who is in grade nine. “I’ve also had tables set up at hockey arenas and curling rinks with information about organ donation, and I designed a Tim Hortons [coffee] cup with an organ donation ribbon on it. I’m hoping Tim Hortons will notice it and consider using the cup for Organ Donation Month in April.”

Cooper’s Tim Hortons cup has been posted on social media; the teen said he is delighted each and every time the post is shared by someone. “Lots of my friends have been sharing it, which is really cool,” he remarked.

“People, especially people my age, don’t really think about organ donation, but it’s really important,” the teen added. Continue reading




from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/2hldqnD

0 comments:

Post a Comment