16:25
0

Wales OnLine | Mark Smith

Chard, 31, from Cardiff was born with cystic fibrosis and now needs a double lung transplant and a liver transplant

An artistic young woman who needs two new lungs fears she may not live to see next Christmas unless suitable donors are found.

Kimberly Chard, from Cardiff, was born with cystic fibrosis, a genetic condition which affects the lungs and digestive system.

The 31-year-old has also suffered with a related form of diabetes since she was a child and has gone on to develop cirrhosis of the liver.

'My body is failing me'

By March 2014, Kimberly’s health had deteriorated so badly that doctors said she would need a double lung transplant.

“My body is failing me,” said Kimberly.

“I’m a wheelchair user and my husband, whom I married in September 2015, has become my carer and has to do everything for me. Continue reading

 



from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/1mJ4w5C

0 comments:

Post a Comment