16:38
0
Click On Detroit

When George Magulak got a phone call about his lifesaving gift, it was not from whom he expected.

Magulak had liver disease and spent nearly 2 1/2 years waiting for a liver transplant.

In that time, he had to give up his dentist practice as he was growing sicker and sicker. When he stopped working, Magulak wrote a letter to all his patients explaining why.

David Schodowski, one of his former patients, held onto the letter.

"I was saddened by it," Schodowski said. "George has been my dentist since I was probably 14, maybe 13 years old."

Magulak never gave up hope, but he struggled with his illness. He lost 70 pounds and suffered extreme fatigue. Twice, doctors thought they had a liver for him, but neither worked out.

"There were times that I said 'Julie,' to my wife, 'This is not going to happen. I feel like I'm really really getting sick,'" said Magulak. VIDEO,Continue reading
_________________________________________________________
You have the power to SAVE Lives
We are asking you to register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today.
In California:
Donate LIFE California | Done VIDA California
Nationwide:
Organ Donor | Donate Life America
...and have a conversation with your family.


from Donate Life Organ and Tissue Donation Blog℠ http://ift.tt/1ZodMua

0 comments:

Post a Comment